Glowforge remote button pusher

I use a switchbot, and is integrated into Alexa. Since I’m in a wheelchair, this really helps me not have to maneuver around to press the button, even though I’m pretty close. Some may call in lazy, but for someone with a disability, I’m always looking to automate my life. Your DIY solution is great. Thanks for the video!

EDIT: Technically, I have an Echo Button on my desk that when pressed starts a routine that has the switchbot press the actual button. I can Ask Alexa to turn on my Glowforge, but the big Echo Button works just fine.

3 Likes

Thank you for all the great feedback, It sent me back to the drawing board to come up with a cleaner look . I will be posting a tutorial for any that are interested this week .I am working on tying it into a echo but right now you need to use a cellphone to control it

I’d be interested in your efforts/results here. I have a couple of the ESP8266 but the sketches in the tutorials I’ve found no longer allow the device to be discovered. I’m working towards automated blind openers.

1 Like

check out this link I was able to get it to connect using this arduino code ,im still modifying to fit my purpose but hopefully this works for you

3 Likes

Thank you, I had not seen that approach. I like the idea of using the Hue emulation - that by itself would be even better for me, as I already have all of my “daily” lighting automated thru Hue, so the blind opening and closing could be controlled through that - which can then be controlled / over-ridden using spoken commands if needed. I’d just have to say “turn blinds on” or “off”, but the automation / timed operation is all I really need.

1 Like

LOVE IT!! Love the great inventions people make.
I was thinking about the same solution. 3Dprint or lasercut action all are allowed.