Glowforge Response?

Where is my mirror?

I have a broken mirror which I sent into support via email on Tuesday April 24th, they gave me a $45 credit Thursday April 26th Credit for replacement which I ordered right away that morning of the 26th. I still have not received a email saying its been shipped. I have already lost $210 in several jobs because of this. I have reached out to several Glowforge team members via email and they both said they would look into the item being shipped and still nothing. I have barley had this machine now for over a month and come to find out it is cheaper than I purchased it for? do we get the credit on that?

Sorry to hear your issue with the mirror. I don’t have an answer for that, but I do have what should be a bit of good news. In the mid-April update, Dan addressed the pricing concern you raise.

He said:

“We were able to lower the price of our Glowforge Basic even more. There are a few Glowforge Basic customers who paid more but have only just received (or are still awaiting) their Basic unit. You do have the double warranty, $150 of materials, $20/month gift certificate, $50 Inventables certificate, $50 catalog certificate, 10% shop discount, and so on. But it still doesn’t quite seem right. If you only just received (or haven’t received) your Basic and paid more than the current Basic price, please email support so we can take care of you. (We’ll be a little swamped this week but will get back to you as soon as possible.)”

So I would suggest sending a separate request to support via email with all of your details, and hopefully they will be quick to respond with a credit, since Dan implied that they would make it right.

I understand the frustration, and hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Best of luck…

Todd

Thanks for letting us know and I’m sorry you replacement hasn’t arrived yet.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’ve followed up there. In regards to your question about the price update, please send a request to support@glowforge.com and we’ll take care of any price difference if you’ve recently purchased before the update.

If you have any more questions, go ahead and post a new topic.