Glowforge Shipping Times Accurate Right Now? (Feb '22)

Hello everyone! Total newbies here, as in we’re still waiting for our Glowforge to arrive. Quick questions - are the current ship by times accurate? Like, if it says that it will ship by 2/24 will it actually ship by that date? Also, where do the machines ship from? We’re incredibly excited, as you can imagine, and we’re counting the minutes until we can get started! TIA!

UPDATE: For other newbies who find this post and are wondering the same thing: my Glowforge Pro shipped one day early and arrived two days after that! The box was terribly beaten up (and didn’t have the handle locks like you see in all of the other unboxing videos). However, the Glowforge appears to be working fine so far. Hope this helps someone!

Nobody here can say.

Your best bet is to sign up for delivery notifications with UPS and FedEx, and you should get notice from then when a label is created, when it’s picked up, etc.

4 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the reply. We’ve definitely signed up for the UPS/FedEx alerts. We were just curious if there were others like us who recently ordered and could speak to their experience. :slight_smile:

Would make no difference.

They don’t have a warehouse of them ready to ship, they are built pretty much on demand and to a schedule, the date is the estimate the company that assembles them provides to Glowforge. There was indication years ago that they were built in batches by model but no way to know now.

Relatively few new owners are active here, unfortunately, unless they have a problem.

Many of the most active users waited around 2 years for theirs! :laughing:

3 Likes

Waited two years because our orders were long before the first unit was ever produced (crowd funding). New orders have been all over the map. Folks have received them on-time, before the expected delivery date, and well after. Polling recent deliveries has not been all that helpful because sometimes there will be shortage of a particular model. Wish we could help. My opinion, the company is notoriously bad at communication. Though they do deliver.

4 Likes

Good to know - thanks! Y’all are a patient bunch. :wink: They do have estimated ship dates that vary by model right now. I thought there would be more new owners here, but it looks like we’re in a sea of really experienced owners! We’re looking forward to connecting with you all and learning more once our machine gets here. Cheers, all.

2 Likes

If you’re not familiar with vector design software, now’s the time to get started while you wait for your machine.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! We’ve already started to learn Inkscape. :slight_smile:

We’ve been getting ready for weeks (researching/ordering materials, watching videos, getting the space ready) and now just need the machine!

1 Like

Just mentioned this in another thread but I am a fan of Logos by Nick - he has a ton of free content on YouTube but also a one-time fee “course” you can sign up for. I’ve never done the course as I was somewhat familiar with design before I got my GF, but I have learned a lot from his YT channel.

3 Likes

They ship from Texas, or at least used to. You’re in for lots of fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yay!! Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome - I’ll check him out. We haven’t found a single source for good Inkscape tutorials, so that’s awesome. We’ve been using Photoshop for most of our design needs pre-GF but wanted to switch to a more appropriate program for this.

I second “Logos by Nick”.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello all! I just posted an update. It did ship on time - actually one day early! I actually got the shipping notification from Glowforge before UPS had it (via email and text from Glowforge). I hope other newbies find this info helpful!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.