Glowforge Shop

I only have General, Shipping, and Purchase History.

Oh, sorry! Best shoot off an email to support@glowforge.com then!

Unless you have received (and possibly replied) to the “golden email” :e-mail:, that is all you will see.

Once that email has been sent, the store (and credits) becomes available. Seeing how others have commented about it (those who have Pre-Release and Production units), store credits have appeared to them.

1 Like

Folks. The simple way to do it if you do not have the Payment tab that Jules described is the following:

Put something in the cart that costs say $200, maybe 20 pieces of Maple Ply. Hit Checkout and the credit will be shown and deducted. FYI don’t hit the Submit Order after that.

5 Likes

Thanks for the workaround. Still, adding this info into the store interface somewhere more visibly is a reasonable feature request.

Totally. Be sure to send a note to support.

Done!

I would also love the catalog shopping process to be more intuitive.

1. First and foremost, make the shopping cart functional:
    a. Give the cart the ability to remember that you actually put something in it. Currently, if you add a design, go away from that page, and then manually go to your cart, it is empty.
    b. Allow people to put more than one design in their cart at a time. Having to checkout after each selection is super inconvenient - especially once folks run out of credit and actually have to submit a payment.

2. Make the red “x” icon next to the design’s price functional. Why even have it visible if it does nothing? (Right now it’s just a link to the cart that you’re already sitting in.)

3. Add a “Continue Shopping” button (that takes you back to the catalog, or better yet, to the category in which you were shopping) right next to the “Checkout” button once you add something to your cart. (I know you can just hit “Catalog” at the top but it feels so clunky, especially since the cart isn’t actually a cart - see #1.)

4. Add a shopping cart icon somewhere obvious, so if you keep shopping instead of checking out, you have somewhere to go once you’re ready to purchase your items. Right now, it seems like the best (only?) option is to go to whatever design you’ve already added to your cart, add it again and then checkout.

I know that both the Catalog and the Shop are in Beta mode, but these seem like pretty standard online shopping protocols - at least anywhere I’d feel safe entering my credit card details.

1 Like