Glowforge slowdown after premium trial

Hello GF Community:

I have a new quandry for you.

I tried the free premium upgrade for a month. When the trial period expired my glowforge speed decreased significantly. It is slower now than prior to the trial. Can this be addressed somehow.

Can Glowforge adress this please?

Best Regards,

Adrian Lawler

Do you mean your engraving, scoring and cutting times are taking longer now?

1 Like

Hi Adrian! The speed of your Glowforge will be whatever you set it at. You might be noticing that some engrave speeds have slowed – that is due to a change in the PG engrave settings for SD vector engraves that was announced recently.

The only thing that is faster with the premium service is the time it takes from when you click “print” to when your Glowforge button starts flashing.

5 Likes

I hope the information @geek2nurse provided was helpful (as it was spot on regarding Glowforge premium!)

The speed at which your Glowforge completes specific print steps (like engraving, scoring, and cutting) is not modified by the usage of Glowforge Premium, but is instead dependent on the settings utilized during the print.

Is this the area where you are noticing a slow down, or when uploading/rendering a design?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.