Glowforge Smoking Everywhere when laser is going....HELP!

Has anyone had an issue with their glowforge smoking really bad? It’s coming out of every corner and It never did this before but now it’s smoking really really bad. I’m using the same materials I’ve used since the beginning and never had this issue. I wiped down the fan and cleaned the inside but it’s still happening. See the pictures below.

Your filter is probably full. A search on here will show lots of info about that.

10 Likes

Either the filter is not running, you have somehow switched off the filter option on the interface, or the filter is full.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag. Based on the description of the trouble, I’d like to take a look at the cartridge inside of your filter.

Would you mind sending over a photo of the top of the filter cartridge?

1. Turn off and unplug your Air Filter
    The power switch is located on the back, next to the cord. Turn it off first, then unplug it from the wall.
  2. Open Air Filter
    There are four latches holding the top of the Air Filter in place. Lift the bottom of all four latches to release them, then lift off the lid.
  3. Take a picture
    Without removing the filter cartridge, take a picture of the top of the cartridge seated in the Air Filter and send it to us.

Once we can review this image, I’ll send over the next best steps. Thank you!

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this thread.

If you are still having trouble, please start a new thread or reach out at support@glowforge.com