Glowforge stuck in centering / scanning

I have tried resetting wifi, following all the cleaning procedures, power cycling, manually repositioning the head while the GF is off, and checking all the cable connectors and I am still stuck in Centering / scanning. Not sure where to go from here!

Do a more thorough investigation of potential wifi issues. Start by redoing your wifi setup and having the GF use a cell phone hotspot. If that works, it’s the wifi. (Nobody EVER thinks it’s the wifi, but it very often IS. GFs are notoriously picky about their wifi connections.)

Things to try to fix the wifi issue: Change the channel of your 2.4gHz network, set up a 2.4gHz “guest” network that ONLY the GF uses, move the router closer to the GF.

It might also be the black cable. Not much you can do about that before Support gets here, except to work on ruling everything else out.

Thank you for your reply!

I have moved it to multiple SSIDs, reset it’s ip address assignment in the DHCP server, set up a new dedicated SSID, changed the 2.4gHz channel from 1 to 6 to 11 to rule out RF interference, and power cycled the AP. The only thing I can’t do is set up a hotspot - no cell signal here :frowning:

We are on a campus network, running ruckas APs, operating off Zone Director.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with centering. I see you’ve also emailed us about this and I’ve just followed up there.

We’ll continue to work on this through email, so this post will be closed.