Glowforge stuck on centering or scanning

I have gone through a lot of the steps shown in the community forums. Unplugged Glowforge, router, modem, computer. Cleaned everything, checked all the cables and it is still stuck on centering currently. I was printing just fine until this cut. Please help! Thanks

Just happened to me as well! hope you find a way to fix this and please share

Have you worked through all of the official troubleshooting steps on the Support site?

You must start your own thread if you want support staff to help.

Yes as stated above I have gone through all the steps and it still is stuck on centering

You said you had gone through the steps in the forums. I wanted to make sure you hadn’t missed the official troubleshooting guide. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing, and it appears the black lid on your Glowforge’s lid is experiencing trouble.

Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem and needs to be replaced. Because your warranty has ended, you can follow this link to purchase a new Black Lid Cable.

While you’re waiting for your new lid cable to arrive, you can review the instructions to install it - Replace the Black Lid Cable.

This should get you back up and printing right away. If you are still having trouble after replacing the cable, let us know. Take close-up photos of the three cable connections and reply to this email with the photos.

It is showing that your company is sold out of this product. Any idea when it will be available???

same problem here we need a black cable lid, its been out of stock and we are nearing christmas season and have a backlog of orders now. looks like i have a 6000$ piece of useless junk now and Ill be looking else where for a new one. Let me know if you want to buy my useless junk

why would you suggest buying the black cable when its out of stock??

Probably because the machine is out of warranty, so support has no obligation to conjure one up.

If the machine was under warranty, they could get one.

2 Likes

Probably because hardware companies generally keep a separate inventory of parts for repairs, so even if it’s out of stock on the retail website, people who need repairs can still get them.

1 Like

@katygirlcollective, New inventory of black lid cables should be available this week. If you haven’t already done so, you can sign up for email alerts on the Black Lid Cable shop page. As soon as the new inventory is available you’ll receive an email and can place an order.

@katygirlcollective, we now have black lid cables back in stock! You can follow this link to purchase a new Black Lid Cable .

If you have any further trouble once the new cable is installed, please email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help. I’m going to go ahead and close this thread now.

Have a wonderful weekend!