Glowforge Stuck on Scanning after Cut

Hi All,

Our Glowforge is having an issue where it’s stuck on “Scanning” after a successful cut. The cut itself looks good, and after the job is run the printer head returns back to the top left corner. At that point, it does not seem to get any further than “Scanning” (i.e., no new post-cut image appears in the UI). If we open the lid to take out the cut material, the machine does seem to detect that the lid is open; however, it will go back to Scanning after closing the lid. If we turn off the Glowforge and wait a few seconds to turn on, it will successfully run the startup routine and be ready for a new cut, after which it will be stuck on Scanning again.

Browsing through some similar topics in the forum, we tried a few things:

• Rebooted our modem.
  • Reset the connection to the Glowforge (app.glowforge.com/setup).
  • Waited a day in case it was some server-side issue.
  • Cleaned the exhaust pipe.
  • Remove & Cleaned the printer head, fan, and lenses.

Could this be the black cable issue? We’ve had a replacement in the past (6 months ago).

Thanks!

I am so sorry to hear you ran into trouble.

The issues your experiences could be caused by the black lid cable.

Could you please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

Hi Shelby,

Thank you for reaching out. We checked the black cable connections at all five points and they are secure. We had another black cable issue happened to us early on and are wondering if it’s the same issue again.

Hi Shelby,

Thank you for reaching out. We checked the black cable connections at all five points and they are secure. We had another black cable issue happened to us early on and are wondering if it’s the same issue again.

I see you emailed us about this and I’ve sent you a response there, so I’m going to close this topic.