Glowforge Stuck Scanning After Cut

Hi there,
I’m noticing Glow-ria is not returning to the proper home position in the top left hand corner after a successful cut. I have to turn the machine off, gently push her all the way back in the top left hand corner, then turn her on and run through focusing and centering. This happens after each cut. I’m using some non-proofgrade materials right now (cardstock) and a scan. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

You can try turning the machine off, move the head to the home position (upper left corner), rebooting both the router and computer, and then turning it back on and letting it run completely through the startup calibration again.

I’ll try rebooting my computer. I’m using the hotspot on my cell phone, so no router to reboot. Thanks!

The head on mine doesn’t go all the way to the back at the end of a cut, it stays about 2 inches forward of its hard stop. Is this the same as yours?

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. I’d like to get a better look at what’s happening so we can investigate further. If possible, could you please send us a video of your unit not returning to the home position after a cut is finished?

Hi there,
Here’s a video of what is happening after a cut finishes and tries to return to home but doesn’t quite make it.

I know my unit is pretty dirty right now, so I hope the video quality is sufficient!

Thanks,
Annette

Thanks for the video!

I’d like to send you a replacement for the black cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

I’ll follow up with you in email about the details, so I’m going to close this topic.