GLOWFORGE SUPPORT PLEASE CONTACT ASAP *Carriage Plate Belt*

same happened to me. It dosnt look that bad but it definitely is fraying. I dont know how warantee works or what theyll do.

Did you contact them at support@glowforge.com?

The OP will need to purchase a new belt because the problem occurred while using non-proofgrade material.
You will likely need to do the same. Heat damaged belts will fail because the rubber on them gets brittle after being exposed to fire and it will degrade quickly.

These belts donā€™t fray unless they are damaged or very heavily worn. The loads arenā€™t high enough. I have similar belts in my 3D printers that are 6 years old and have thousands of hours on them and you canā€™t tell they are any different than brand new ones. I have only had one belt fail and that was my very oldest printer.

1 Like

Anyone have any idea how long glowforge support takes to get back to you for this part? I have been trying to be patient but its been 2 days (45+) hours since I opened this thread and sent then an email to glowforge support. Making this worse is that you can see support respond to members who opened tickets on here after yours. Several people who posted problems just yesterday have already had contact by a glowforge staff member. Yet mine as well as others have not been address by a staff member yet, even to say something like ā€œwe are working on it/looking into itā€. And mine seems pretty easy, replacement part. Thatā€™s it.

this is not accurate. using non-proofgrade material does not void warranty.

I was wondering about this, but at this point I would just like GF to get back to me about the part regardless of who is paying for the darn part. I just need the partā€¦I hope it is covered by warranty It seems crazy to think that it would not be.

Fire damage while using non-Proofgrade material does affect warranty coverage on the affected items. This is why there is the warning about ā€œProofgrade material not detectedā€ when the camera canā€™t read a code.

While you are correct that simply using non-Proofgrade material does not void the warranty, the fact that the damaged was caused by fire and it was while using non-Proofgrade material that eliminated warranty coverage on the belt.

Glowforge may elect to make an exception, but the specific event here is not covered under warranty.

1 Like

can you show me where thatā€™s in the warranty materials?

Damage to the Glowforge Basic, Glowforge Plus, Glowforge Pro, Compact Filter, or Glowforge Air Filter caused by material in the machine is not covered by this warranty unless the damage is caused by the use of Proofgradeā„¢ brand materials used as sold, in accordance with the instructions in the manual, and with the settings automatically configured by the Glowforge software upon recognition of the material.

3 Likes

Sometimes I use proofgrade and I still get that message that says proofgrade material not detected. So if this is true I am concerned as that message alone is not always accurate.

Ok so if not covered by warranty anyone know how much this part is?

Support will be contacting you since you have a ticket open and they can sort out the exact path. I suggest you wait on that.

If you are using Proofgrade with Proofgrade settings and the problem you experience is caused by the material or settings it will be covered per the warranty statement linked above. The warranty is what governs the coverage, proper detection or not. That warning is information for you to act on as appropriate and has no determination on warranty coverage.

i stand corrected.

1 Like

Oh no! Iā€™m so sorry for our delay in getting back to you about your frayed belt. Iā€™ve just sent you an email to get this resolved, so Iā€™m going to close this topic.