Glowforge too cold .. not doing anything! Help

Please help, my Glowforge PRO alerted that it was too cold …(pretty cold outside here) , I turned it off and restarted numerous times, Brought the exhaust hose back inside and have waited an hour, Still nothing. Now it will not even restart the image in the bed… Someone please tell me there is any easy fix !!!

Hug it more? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

what is the temperature? It needs to be w/in a specific range… (looking for that range now…)

The Pro models are designed to operate in the 60°F-81°F range (which you probably already know) and they’re designed to pause operations if the temperature is outside of those ranges until safe operating temperature is reached. (I think it keeps the tube from cracking.)

So…you can try increasing the ambient temperature in the room and in the machine during cold weather. Disconnecting the exhaust hose from the exterior when it is not in use is going to keep it warmer, and make it take less time for the fluid in the reservoir to come up to safe operating temperature, and it’s a good idea.

1 Like

Can’t tell from the post if it is too cold in the room or not. The recommended temp is no lower than 60F inside the machine. I know it will operate closer to 51F but if it’s too cold, it’s too cold.

1 Like

How long before error message goes away , the machine dashboard is even hung up … won’t do anything g . It’s cold outside , but warm for ambient room temp

Error will never go away if the unit is below operating temperature. If the room is warm enough (above 60F) the coolant will eventually get there but understand that the coolant is inside closed tubing. It will take a while. I have never had a too cold message that I timed. If you have an open exhaust hose without a damper then the air from outside might migrate into the machine.

2 Likes

Thanks

If it’s very cold outside, for example 20F and you have an open exhaust hose without a damper it’s quite possible to see a GF temperature of 40F even it the room is 70F. Each home breathes differently. Some inhale, some exhale.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.