Real time video of my interaction with glowforge UI
real time video capture

Some screen caps to have solid feedbck…

click print
2018-01-29_22-28-42

watch this authentication thing pop up nd dissppear 3 times fast

fail message
2018-01-29_22-29-47

tried on three separate machines between this morning and this evening - lather, rinse repeat from a mac with chrome or safari.

Hmmm, did you get the Microsoft logo off something like brandsoftheworld? Is it vector or bitmap? I’ve found that unless I’ve created the vector myself, sometimes I find there are shapes that overlap at different settings. Like the black and white logo was made from a full color one and has clipping masks, layered shapes, gradient effects, etc.

So while it looks like the logo is a simple 4 boxes, there may be a bunch of other stuff that’s complicating the design for the Glowforge, breaking the render.

I learned this when I was doing an engrave and noticed it was doing it twice, despite being set to 1 pass.

I’ve had the login pop-up show up in the past. Usually because I’m logged into the app on conflicting browsers (maybe too many?) and when I log out elsewhere it goes away.

I don’t always get it when I’m logged in a couple of different machines so it’s not the fact I’m in it from more than one place - it’s some combination of multiple machines & browsers.

it started brands of the world, made it huge, rasterized, then traced it. Works fine and is exactly what printed fine not <30 mins later. I just have spats with the GFUI where it flakes like this. Had nothing to do with this specific print. I could literally open ANYTHING I’ve printed and have it play this game.

I’m beginning to think this might be a Chrome thing…I’ve had a couple of weird little glitchy-doodles today…they are affecting the display, but not the processing, which makes me think browser issue.

1 Like

Might be. I also haven’t spent time to just capture the traffic and look at what it’s doing on the network when I see this behavior. I’m pretending to just be a consumer of goods rather than a dev since no matter what I do I can’t make a fix for them.

1 Like

I checked whatsmybrowser yesterday, and it was out of date. I just checked again and it still is. Chrome updates itself, but hasn’t yet. I wonder if that or a cache issue is causing weirdness.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this, @dave1. I’m sorry to hear you ran into trouble. As @jamesdhatch mentioned, it may help to make sure you’re not logged in using multiple browser sessions.

Could you please try logging out of the Glowforge app on all browsers except the one you want to use - including incognito or private windows within the same browser - and printing this design again?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.