Glowforge updates: the road to production

I agree. I think there have been several issues where I believe they’ve taken the voice of the forum into consideration.

I also understand the frustration so many here feel. I feel it to, very much. I think at this point, if it wasn’t for this forum I would have given up a while ago. It’s not that I don’t believe in the product, or maybe I should say what the product could be. But I’ve been frustrated (that’s the nice word for it) with the lack of communication, the seemingly half-truths, like announcing a shipping pro Unit to make it look like you’re meeting your schedule, when obviously you’re not really, or announcing shipping at the Maker Fair, and then just a trickle of units follow. I won’t lie, I feel like I’m being played at times, strung out, giving me just enough hope to hold on. I’m frustrated, even a little angry. Like others I ordered this to start a little side business. I have a son who will be a senior this year. College comes next. I don’t need it to survive, but the income could have helped, but it’s not like I had money to try something else and this too. Now it’s going to be too late, at least for what I had planned. When I ordered it he wasn’t even a junior, now it’s looking more and more like he’ll be just about through with his senior year before I can even start. So yea, frustrated. I choose to be positive becuase I know being negative won’t help. But even then there is dissapointment and frustration, and some days anger. It’s okay to say it. While I still hope that Glowforge becomes the kind of company you can trust, it’s beginning has been less than stellar and it has a lot of room to make up, a lot of broken trust to rebuild, but here’s hoping.

10 Likes

I’d call any mention of crowd funded marketing. Just like they called it a 3d laser printer, pure marketing buzz words. It’s the Deluxe Crowd Funded Non-GMO 3D Free Range Cloud Enabled Laser Printer. It’s like silicon valley farm to table fresh!

15 Likes

Winner! Best comment of the day!

(IMHO)

4 Likes

You forgot “Gluten Free”. . .

7 Likes

And “Organic”.

4 Likes

I don’t have a way to point you to a specific statement. It has been too long and there is too much possibility of change.

As someone who received my GF a few days ago, this one is huge. I have about 20 files basically ready to go. As it is, I’ve still spent a few hours adjusting the files now that I have my machine, but having them mostly ready to burn has been really helpful. I’ve been able to concentrate learning my GF versus spending hours and hours working on files.

7 Likes

thanks, it may have been the same page I had…
I was not aware of what all of this word game is about…
It gets sneakier and sneakiest.

It is, at this point, a words with fiends… Indeed.
Who cares about arguing about crowdfunding or not when they said december 2015 and failed miserably so far. That’s the end of the game, right there

1 Like

Vegan :smile:

I heard a commercial for gluten free makeup. There’s really makeup that’s not gluten free? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

you can find wheat products used as thickeners in some skin care products. it wouldn’t surprise me to see it end up in lipstick, maybe.

1 Like

Also “Cruelty Free”

3 Likes