Glowforge updates: the road to production

:scream:

3 Likes

I would just like to state, for the record, that I would prefer a Glowforge shipped in a pelican rather than all the boxing and freebiesā€¦wondering out loud, if that would be possible. You know, a special deal between GF and Pelican,(licenses may vary)ā€¦just a thought , just a thought.
Ok Okā€¦duh meā€¦just looked at the pricesā€¦nevermindā€¦shoulda done that before my postā€¦but still.

9 Likes

Lol I was thinking as I started to read your postā€¦ā€œDo you realize how expensive those cases are??ā€

13 Likes

Chuckle out loud.

1 Like

19 Likes

If only youā€™d applied Steve Gibsonā€™s ā€œNever10ā€ fix before agreeing to accept the update.

:smile:

5 Likes

Laugh, but I actually installed something similar. (GWX Control Panel.) You talk about a bugger that was tough to get rid of!

1 Like

I installed the ā€œNever10ā€ on all my Windows 7 machines. Steve Gibson is definitely among those in the computer security world that you can trust.

4 Likes

You crazy kids. I donā€™t know why youā€™d want to keep Windows 10 from installing. Windows 10 is awesome. I love Windows 10 and have it on all of my computers!

8 Likes

snort!

1 Like

Every version of Windows since
(Pick one)
__ 3.1
__ NT
__ 95
__ 98
__ 2000
__ ME
__ Vista
__ XP
__ 7
__ 8
has been crap. Donā€™t know why anyone upgraded to anything else. Civilization was doomed by the release of (pick one of the above).

Itā€™s not like Windows is nearly as good as
(Pick one to the singing of angels in full chorus)
__ POSIX
__ Linux
__ OSX
__ BCD Unix
__ any other Unix
__ MS Dos
__ PC Dos
__ OS2
__ my nephewā€™s computer science project OS
__ JexeOS

And you kids better stay off my lawn!

:wink:

9 Likes

I like Windows 10 :frowning:

5 Likes

ā€œMy name is Jim and Iā€™m a Windows 10 user on 5 personal machines.ā€

Which step is it where I apologize to all the non-Windows users for disbelieving the fundamental rightness of their particular OS flavor? :slightly_smiling_face:

The only thing funnier than watching a MacOS user try to do something on Windows is watching a Windows user try to do something on an intuitive Mac. :grinning:

(I have 5 personal Windows PCs, one MacAir, 4 Android and 2 iPads I use for various and sundry tasks so Iā€™m somewhat jaded by the OS religious wars.)

14 Likes

NO!

You are NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE APPROPRIATE OS AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME!

You simply must pick one and adhere to it doggedly.

Your behavior is reprehensible, my good man.

No desert for you.

(PS - WinDOS 3.2 for life! Hex Edit of absolutely any binary, too dumb for modern proprietary stuff)

5 Likes

Chuckle! Do not let me get started on this one kids! To quote an incredible green guyā€¦ā€œDonā€™t make me angry. You wouldnā€™t like me when Iā€™m angry.ā€

I gotta go exercise before I start to transition. ROFL!

1 Like

I actually use Windows 10 and quite like it. I just like making funny anti-Windows pictures more.

I even made them on a Win10 computer. :smiley:

9 Likes

I do love the idea of the lid as a clear, two-sided, augmented-reality touchscreenā€¦ just cause.

6 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™d be great. Talk about easy positioning of the design.

1 Like

(I have 5 personal Windows PCs, one MacAir, 4 Android and 2 iPads I use for various and sundry tasks so Iā€™m somewhat jaded by the OS religious wars.

And I thought I had a problemā€¦ :slight_smile:ļø

2 Likes

You donā€™t even have a good start yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes