Glowforge User Neil Patrick Harris on Jimmy Kimmel Live (12/16/2021)

Glowforge posted the video on their FB page

3 Likes

Full disclosure that someone is profiting from your “clicks”—and any subsequent purchase? But I guess the “3D Printing Nerd” is not a “journalist”, so that makes it OK? (Still too cynical!?) :sunglasses:

1 Like

maybe it would be better if he said it was essentially an affiliate link, but it’s not like there aren’t tons of sites out there who don’t explicitly spell out affiliate links. especially all over youtube.

it’s one of those ‘eh’ things for me when someone does it on their own channel. i would feel differently if they were posting it on someone else’s site/channel/page.

4 Likes

You should be taking advantage of your referral link if you put something out there - it’s literally what it’s for! I put it on any videos I post…AFAIK no one has used it, but it’s there either way. If NPH was willing to be recorded being taught how to use the :glowforge: of course you throw it out there. It’s the entire point of having a YouTube channel.

8 Likes

Ooo to think, /the/ Neil Patrick Harris may have cut out one of my free designs or something from the catalog to put in the box, that would be AWESOME.
I signed up for his newsletter. https://www.wondercade.com/
And who is probably reading this thread right now.
You are one of the greatest artists/actors/singers/magicians/inventors/authors/game designers…
Drop by for some coffee if you are ever on Oahu, my buddy is opening a coffee lab in a few months. (Amazing coffee)
https://traditioncoffeeroasters.com/
Mahalo!

10 Likes

I cut some yesterday. They turned out great. The Christmas tree balls load in as scores instead of cuts and I didn’t notice. Sorry, not famous though.

9 Likes

Are you kidding! You are famous on here! thank you for posting what it looks like and you did it better!!!

3 Likes

That fluorescent green is so hard to take a picture of. But the pineapples look really good.

3 Likes

What type of acrylic are those trees? And how did you get the perfect coloring of the outline of the Christmas decorations?
I think it would be fun to inlay a different color acrylic for ornaments.

1 Like

I put my link on one YouTube video 3+ years ago and had three rewards in about a month. Free proofgrade - what’s not to like?

4 Likes

Let’s hope they can help the long list of us whose machines have been unusable the last couple of weeks first :wink:

1 Like

Neil Patrick Harris, if you are here in the Glowforge forum, HELLO! :smiley:
and Merry Christmas!! We love you! But I’m not a stalker or anything. :smiley:
We would all just totally enjoy sharing Glowforge designs with you. lol

3 Likes

It’s 1/8th green glitter acrylic. The file loaded as a score instead of a cut for the ornaments and i noticed too late. So I covered them in red acrylic paint making sure to get it into the score grooves, then wiped off the excess with a blue shop towel and elbow grease.

1 Like

Sharing the referral link is exactly what GF wants you to do, and I imagine they are beyond thrilled to have a user put out amazing celebrity content like this. No one losses in the transaction and it’s a win-win for all three parties involved in the referral, and when you click 3D Printing Nerd’s link, this full disclosure statement pops up. So yes, you’re being too cynical; let people eat their cake and enjoy it too. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Spot on and well said!

2 Likes

i don’t think his point was that he shouldn’t use the referral code. i think it was that he didn’t identify it as a referral code.

1 Like

Possibly, but there are very few people on the web who aren’t aware of what referral codes are, and if they aren’t as @kittski pointed out, you literally get a pop-up that explains what they are and allows you to bypass if you don’t want to participate.

1 Like

Alright…so which one of ya’s is Neil under a disguised username? If I were him, I’d totally troll the heck out of this post :relaxed:

7 Likes

That’s true Lindsey…(if that’s your REAL name… :thinking:)

12 Likes

Hmmm… “Pigheaded” sounds suspect. :smiley:

2 Likes