Glowforge Volunteer Corps

I think this is the wrong thread to be discussing the function and aesthetics of the forum. If you have comments and suggestions for how to improve the experience of the forum, then I would suggest you create a new thread, or add to the one below.

4 Likes

The Beta policy is pretty clearly laid out, though I do not remember if it is all in this thread’s first post and the application itself. Some beta will be completely NDA, some will be allowed to talk openly. You only know if you get Beta when you are sent your packet of information to sign and agree to. People can continue to apply for Beta until final shipment of production units begins.

EDIT: Post adjusted to trim out engagement with massive off topic segment, which hopefully is removed completely soon.

10 Likes

Hello everyone, I’ve recently signed up for a pre-released unit as well, but I was curious about something. As stated above (from December of last year) they haven’t completely decided if everyone who does get a pre-release unit can talk about it publicly or not. There is someone on YouTube that does have a channel and is posting videos about his Glowforge currently, so I’m curious, if we do get one of these units, is it now decided that we can post videos or even make a show on YouTube about Glowforge and what you can do with it?

1 Like

That someone is @marmak3261. Pre-release is different from beta…who are bound by NDAs
Check in the Made on a Glowforge category or if you’ve found his YouTube channel…it’s got lots of demos and tests and such…
Hes a nice guy and tries to answer lots of requests if he can…
He is allowed to post anything about the Glowforge and answer questions…but hes not paid by GF and has an actual job so he does what he can in his off time.
Tested also received a pre-release and did a video with Adam Savage…
So as far as those 2…yes…you can post and have a youtube channel if you want…lol

15 Likes

Gotchya, one of my plans with the Glowforge was to create a YouTube channel for it. I figured I wouldn’t get paid for it, I just wanted something to do in my spare time :slight_smile: Thanks for answering my question!

4 Likes

It has been so long since the signups opened. Is initial contact made through email or postal mail? I forget what information was requested and my situation has changed since last year. I sure wouldn’t want to miss a pre-release letter. :blush:

Email

1 Like