Glowforge Volunteer Corps

Hello, we want to join the beta program, we are the wedding and event production house in hk, everyday need to use ten hours or more to think and design new stuff, from 2D logo to 3D object, also need to use 3D printer, sometime we need to make the glass art also.

And in coming months, we will have few expo need to join in HK, there also can use Glowforge to do more product design, we believe we can make many stuff share to everyone. we can do many fusion product to show everyone!

Will i be able to test it on anything i want?

Why not? Keep in mind, you break it , you lose it.

Definitely sign me up! I’m out of work, so I have plenty of time to work on this. I’ve got some business ideas that I hope the Glowforge will help me with, so I will definitely test as many aspects of it.

@scorpionoil, If you haven’t already, you need to sign yourself up! go to the top of this thread (click the title at the top or use the navigation widget at the bottom right as mentioned elsewhere in this thread), read Dan’s entire post, and then use the link in the middle of it to get to the application survey!

Good luck to everyone that is applying! I hope the machine works perfectly for you and that any changes are minor.

1 Like

Not half as much as I do. :wink:

6 Likes

I think that the regulars on this thread should take a different track with people trying to apply here and only here.

“Hey, I’d like a beta Glowforge, please put me on this list”

"Oh you are totally on a list.. totally"

“Great, when will I hear if I have been selected”

"I think I can hear Dan now... Hey Dan, has this person been selected?"

"Well yes they have. And they will also receive a prize for their diligence in reading forums"

Ok. That was kinda cruel. But I was going to burst if I didn’t mock this a little. :smile: :palm_tree:

7 Likes

We are a new graphic studio and in Italy is necessary to innovation and we would like to have a beta unit. We are many application to do with the glowforge. Please send us a beta unit in Italy. Thank you

I think it’s better if I just stop reading this thread since i find myself yelling at the screen each time i see a new post.

Good Luck. BETA TESTERS…Test the hell out of the GF you get, so I get a great machine! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Is there a way to update or add to the application… I’ve been thinking more about some of the answers and I probably didn’t go into enough depth considering over 700 applications… crazy…

Or, will they let us know if we have been bounced (which is fine)… I need to know if I have to reserve the time to do this or find another short term project to work on…

Thank you Dan for your guidance. I have been reading the posts and what attracted me to Glowforge were the possibilities. A lot of what is discussed is too technical for me, just not interested. What interest me is the possibility to be creative in a way no one else has been. We need the techs, the creative, and the those with vision to make this a great product. I believe the majority of people that will purchase a GF will not have the technical skills that have been displayed on this forum. I have been around long enough to remember Apple 1, Lisa. My point is that I am hopeful the shipped product will be for all those with different skill levels and interest. From what I have read, this is GF’s goal as well. Thank you for allowing all of us to be a part of this exciting process.

4 Likes

The instructions specifically say you will not be contacted with a negative. Just stick around here and when you see an announcement the beta is over you know you were not chosen.

Ok, I’m ready…

8 Likes

Me too…

6 Likes

almost there. Wood on floor is going onto shelves.

5 Likes

Working on a design idea…

7 Likes

I have!

If you re-submit, we’ll consider the most recent application. Per the instructions, we’ll let you know if we have a machine for you, but otherwise we won’t update individual applications.

1 Like