Glowforge will not cut or engrave

So my glowforge when i turn it on goes through the steps and starts but when it move to piece i see a flash of the laser and then no movement or laser activity. I have to power cycle gf,router and computer 5-8 times to get it to finally work. it does it everytime now

The flash of laser is generally it measuring the height of the material. Does everything look right on the print screen; are you getting any errors there?

Possibly a screenshot of what your app looks like while this is happening could help!

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the issue, and it looks like your unit may be having trouble maintaining a connection to your wireless network. In a few of the examples I noticed, the connection was timing out when trying to send the data your Glowforge captured when autofocusing (this would be the brief flash of laser you saw, as explained by @deirdrebeth above).

It may help to take a look at our Wi-Fi troubleshooter before trying again. If you’re still experiencing this issue after doing so, could you please let me know the date and time this most recently happened? With those details, we’ll be happy to take a closer look.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.