I’ve had my machine for about 10 months now and haven’t had any issues. It was on for less than an hour and it just powered off. Please help me!
Hello @tjsewer, thank you for reaching out to us.
I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is having power trouble. I’m happy to help troubleshoot this with you.
Your Glowforge should be plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet that meets local building codes. If you haven’t already, please do the following:
- Unplug your Glowforge from the wall
- Plug another device directly into the same outlet and see if it works
- If the device does not work, have an electrician investigate. It may be a blown fuse, a broken outlet, or something else
- If the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself
- Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord
- Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in
- Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in
- If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet
Please let me know what you find. Thank you!
I’ve done all of this yesterday because I read through everyone else who has had this issue. Nothing worked.
@tjsewer, ah ok. In that case I am going to close this forum post and follow up with you on email instead because we’ll need to confirm some personal information. If you don’t see my email right away, please check your spam folder.