Glowforge will not print

Hi I’ve had the Glowforge for a 2 months now and love it. And it has always worked fine. On Sunday I finished up some projects and turned it off. After about an hour later I turned it on and it will not print now. It ran through its calibration like normal, I uploaded a design into the interface, and hit print. It scans the material, shows the preparing design window, and then shows the time to complete the task window for about 3 seconds and then disappears. The glowforge light never flashes and I can’t start the print. I tried restarting the browser and turning the glowforge on and off. I had the same issue when I tried to print from my phone and another computer. I also cleaned the Glowforge lenses following the cleaning instructions online. I reset the WiFi and reconnected the Glowforge to it. I recorded what it does and could only see it when I watched the video in slow motion. Right before the print screen closes a banner appears at the top that says “calibrating the head of the Glowforge. This can take a few minutes” both the banner and the print screen then disappear and the Glowforge doesn’t do anything. I contacted support via email and received a message back from Jacob W (Ticket #81442) where he stated “I have checked the logs for your machine and it looks like your interlock on the back of your glowforge may be open.” After following his instructions the interlock was completely pushed in and did not change its position post following his instructions. I attempted to run another test and it still did not work. I also tried multiple designs from a 1 inch by 1 inch square that was meant to be cut to a design from the Glowforge catalog. All designs have the same issue as stated above. I responded to Jacob 5 mins after receiving his email and have yet to receive another response. Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

-Dan

Opening a topic here also opens a new support ticket, so GF support may close this topic and continue to address it via email with you. They have asked several times to use one or the other and not both as this slows down their response since they have to process more tickets.

I’m sorry for the delay in our response.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.