Glowforge won't power on

My glowforge won’t power on

I have checked the wall outlet is working
I have checked the cord is plugged in the back securely
I have switched it on and off
…Nothing, it’s like there is no power to the machine.

I last used it last night and it worked perfectly. I turned it off as normal and today it won’t turn on. Any help or suggestions appreciated!

Pro or basic? The Pros have some kind of doohicky on the back near the power switch that can get dislodged and make them not turn on…

1 Like

Correct, it looks like a giant staple. about 1" in size.

Double check to make sure it’s in.

1 Like

I was pretty sure there’s probably a better name for it than “doohickey.” I shall henceforth call it a “staple-looking thing.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I patented that name a while back, so I will need to license that to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, shoot. What are your terms? Is attribution / non-commercial acceptable?

1 Like

I would take a picture, but I have a remote emergency shutdown switch wired in, and that would be very misleading to post :slight_smile:

It is a basic, 2 weeks old.

Well, darn, and I had just found a photo of the staple-thingy-doohickey, too.

If it’s a basic I’ve got nothing…I suspect we’ll have to wait for staff to pop in. :frowning:

thanks for trying, I appreciate it!

1 Like

Think it’s called a power interlock. Don’t think it stops the unit from turning on but will keep the laser from firing.

2 Likes

Yup. It basically acts the same as hitting cancel or opening the lid.

Oh yeah, good point.

The unit will still ‘power on’ w/o that Staple in.

Has anyone ever seen a Fuse on the GF? Is there one that’s user serviceable?

1 Like

Just be be thorough, test the wall plug. If it’s GFCI, it could have tripped.

2 Likes

I’ve tried 2 wall plugs and I’ve also tested them both by plugging in my kettle and making sure it turns on.

2 Likes

Well bummer, that would have been an easy fix!

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.