Glowforge won't turn on after not refreshing bed image

I have a replacement machine that I’ve had for just over a month. Tonight it started stalling out on me between cuts, it wouldn’t reset the bed image when I changed the sheet of wood. I turned it off after waiting a few minutes and when I went to turn it back on it didn’t respond. It took several tries flipping the on switch before it responded and turned back on. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a sign of a larger problem?

I was just able to successfully cut something small to test it. I finished the cut, removed the wood and closed the lid. I waited until it scanned the bed to make sure the image reset and then turned it off in the back. I was curious so I tried turning it back on and it took three tries before the machine would turn on.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble!

It appears you may have experienced an isolated incident at the time you wrote to us.

Could you try turning your Glowforge on and let me know if the behavior persists?

It’s turned on ok today. I’m watching to see if that issue persists.

Hi @wovenandwool, thank you for the update. Since the trouble hasn’t reoccurred, it’s possible that the cord may have just been loose when this issue happened.

Definitely let us know if you have any more unusual behavior from the printer and we can continue to investigate if needed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.