Glowforge won't turn on!

I used the Glowforge once to etch a design and cut it out, and it worked beautifully. I waited until the cool cycle was finished (at least I thought I did!) and it was all good.

This morning, it’s plugged into the same outlet, no problem with the breaker, but it won’t turn on. Pushed the button, nothing. Is there a reset protocol or something I need to do to restart it?

On/Off switch by the circuit breaker on machine back,
Also worth putting a lamp or something into the plug just to make sure all is proper.

Other than that, no startup. Even if it is not seeing the Wifi, it will still light up and make noise.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind reply! I was clearly suffering from under-caffeination this morning, preventing ANY of my synapses to fire and firmly placing me with those people my brother the computer guy used to talk about who called for help when the slide-out coffee holder (aka CD tray) on their computers broke.

I realised only after I posted the message that OF COURSE I needed to turn on the power switch. Sigh. That was the second time I used it – next time I will be sure to have more coffee before I start! Third time’s the charm, after all.

Best wishes,

Tara

6 Likes

I resemble that remark! :smile: Amazing how many times it’s the organic bits that are source of an issue…

2 Likes

I’m sorry for the scare with your Glowforge not turning on. I’m glad you were able to resolve your issue and get back to printing, that’s great! I’m going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions please feel free to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

Happy printing!