Glowing Lotus Flower

3dprinting
acrylic
led

First time posting here, and my first major Glowforge project. Base is 3d printed, pedals are light guide acrylic with ws2812b LEDs. Will be making 8 of them to put on some glowing lilly pads for an art installation.

Here’s a video:

Whoa…pretty

Gorgeous!

ooooaaaa

Love this!!

Love it. Nicely done.

I love it! Would like to see it in a really dark room. Really creative and innovative.

Super Coolio!!!:heart_eyes:

Ohhhhh, the lights are mesmerizing! Very nice project. I hope you will post more of your projects, and welcome!

Wow … Love all the color! Magical!

Magical. Thanks for the sneak peek - I’d love to see the full installation!

Wow! Awesome work on the engraving and the light patterns.

Thanks everyone! And @dan, thanks so much for making it all possible! The Glowforge is an awesome toy (in the badass tool sort of way).

Now, if I could just make my own proofgrade material preset stickers… since you don’t sell Light Guide Panel in the shop :wink:

Well done. I’m thinking how great this design would look on a night time pool with battery powered pucks.

I love your design! So cheerful and happy!

how did you bend the acrylic poles like that in the center? looks so cool. I want to make something like this to put on the ceiling of my kid’s play room!

The Acrylic panels have tabs on the bottom, held together by a 3d printed base:

There’s an insert that goes inside the base to hold all the LED strips in place.

The pedals look like this: