Glowparents: Glowbabies!

Not sure if they had a ankle bracelet like that one on mine, but I was shocked at how they don’t let the baby leave your side. No more nursery.

Also why does every hospital in at least north america have the same baby blanket. That white one with the green and red stripes ? I swear I’ve seen pics from hospitals down south, and all the way here in the great white north, same dang blanket.

5 Likes

Lydia Joy Garner, our second daughter, which makes her #3. A full house!

9 Likes

She is simply beautiful! Thanks so much for posting the picture!

4 Likes

Wonderful! Congratulations!!

3 Likes

Okay, you have forced my hand. Here is my youngest granddaughter. She was born very premature and she and I spent her first Christmas together in the NICU together while everyone else went home to get some rest. Needless to say, we are bonded.

Her big sister is 5 and pretty cool too.

30 Likes

Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

What a beauty!

3 Likes

She has such beautiful expressive eyes! Congratulations! :smiley::dizzy::two_hearts::boom::tada:

5 Likes

That is so sweet. What a wonderful way to welcome her into the world, and also to support her parents (and sibling).

5 Likes

I’ve spent Christmases a lot of interesting places including underwater in the North Atlantic but that was the most memorial yet. She’s doing great and it looks like she doesn’t have any long-term effects from being born so young.

7 Likes

Beautiful! :ribbon::heart:

2 Likes

We tested it by accident, but it was only a few security people making a sudden appearance. (The non-NICU part of the nursery was badly designed with respect to that – one corner of the room shared a wall with the hallway to the outside, and rfid signals go through sheetrock just fine.)

6 Likes

Look at that dedication - literally has babies stacked on top of him, and still checking the Blackberry! :slight_smile:

I remember those days… once you get the twins to finally sleep, you just want to do literally anything else rather than dealing with the things that either go into or come out of the tiny humans.

5 Likes

My wife and I are taking a baby class at local hospital. Last Tuesday night, “CODE PINK! CODE PINK!” blared over the intercom system. The instructor said that means that a baby has possibly left the hospital unauthorized, but in reality, the anklet had probably slipped off a baby. She advised that in a minute, there will be another announcement that the Code Pink was cleared. Sure enough, it was.

3 Likes

That’s scary. I think I’d find a different hospital just based on the nonchalant statement “the anklet had probably slipped off a baby” like it’s just routine to have a Code: Pink!

1 Like

Yeah, it was kind of strange for the nurse to note that it happens all the time. If that’s the case, they need a better anklet design. Perhaps, one day, made on a GlowForge!

2 Likes

Happens all the time. They put the baby Lojack anklets on in the delivery room, but babies lose weight in the first few days, so they need to be tightened. If they start to get loose, they go off; I think it has a skin contact sensor.

7 Likes

One of the first medical device conferences I attended had a session about cell phones and did they interfere with medical equipment. This was back around 2000, so it was still an open question. The people were presenting their data and they got to the ventilators. It was the only equipment in the ICU/OR that freaked out. Then they said, but we all now how often ventilators stop, and about 80% of the room chuckled. The data was inconclusive because they couldn’t figure out if the machine that breaths for you had stopped on its own, which apparently it did a lot, or because of the cell phone. That freaked me out.

You really don’t want to know how the sausage is made. Real sausage or health care - same dif.

5 Likes

Hard to believe that they have Code Pink that often I bet we’ve only had maybe 2 in the 14yrs I’ve worked in the hospita. And, they were both kids that had wondered away from a visiting family not patients.
I’d be looking for another hospital.
Now Code Reds and Code 45s happen on a regular basis, those are fires and cardiac/respiratory events respectively.

2 Likes

And they call it a science. Voodoo! Voodoo I tell you! :wink:

4 Likes