Glue acrylic faces so it is clear?

I am trying to glue a colored piece of acrylic flat against a clear piece. I am using Weldon3 but I am getting terrible smearing. Is there a way to do this so it dries completely clear? Thanks!

I found this video and thought the one requiring UV light to cure looks great. I don’t have a UV light, but it MAY be worth looking into if you plan on doing a lot of Acrylic-to-acrylic stuff.
I know nothing about UV lights, but I may investigate this technique and glue he used in the video to see if it’s worth purchasing and trying it out myself.

8 Likes

Thanks for the video! I have a couple different UV lights for doing my nails. I have one that looks like the white one used in the video - the bottom slides out so you could possibly do something a bit taller. I have not tried this glue with my UV light, but I have done resin casting of small pieces of jewelry. The UV lights for nails sometimes go on sale quite cheaply. I don’t know if they are calibrated or use the measuring system mentioned in the video. When you are resin casting jewelry, you can also put your pieces on a sunny windowsill, but it takes longer.

2 Likes

Different UV resins may require different wavelengths of UV light. You should be able to find the optimal wavelength in the product documentation. You can buy UV flashlights with a range of lengths in the spectrum to cover more brand/types of resin.

2 Likes

Great question, I learned aa lot from the answers you received. Good luck with your project. Hopefully you will let us know if it worked

Thank you for this information! I actually went with a different solution. I created deeply engraved ledges for the letters to sit in. This way I could put a drop of glue along the ledge and sit the letter snug into the recess. It came out nice.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.