Gnome Water Wheel

Designed a water wheel for grandpas famous Gnome Garden. Hopefully the wood holds up all summer!

33 Likes

What an awesome idea! (Make the next one out of acrylic, and you won’t have to rebuild it as often!) :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! Acrylic was definitely a consideration. Would have taken 4 sheets of 12×24x1/8th sheets to get it how i wanted it. $$$

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a first! It’s a very cool project.

2 Likes

I’m sure the gnomes and grandpa will love it.

2 Likes

Seal it well and it should last awhile. Very cool piece.

4 Likes

I used this stuff on the outside deck stone and wood by the pool and even with the chlorine and weather, only had to redo every couple of years.
Recently saw it in small rattle can size also.
You have wood + water, so Thompson’s in a spray can (I saw it in Lowes) would be ideal for what you made.

https://www.thompsonswaterseal.com/home

3 Likes

That’s amazing and I’m sure it will be a perfect addition to the gnome garden. It would also be the perfect place to use Rowmark’s Naturals collection of acrylic, like @Jules said if you wanted to go that route. It is like you said though…pricey.

4 Likes

Love this. There are things you can treat it with that would protect the wood from the water.

3 Likes

Thanks all for the excellent tips! It’s definitely got a heavy coat of sealent and waterproof gorilla glue…but I’ll have to try some of these refined ideas in the future…

2 Likes

This is lovely! Really like that you didn’t make the spokes straight … so very nice!

2 Likes

This is absolutely adorable and so soothing to hear the running water.

1 Like

Now .I want a gnome garden!

3 Likes

Well done