Go visit a national park

Today at Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP:

12-24” deep powder, good thing they lend out snowshoes!

37 Likes

You are making me homesick for my birth state. So beautiful.

3 Likes

Stunning and I’m inspired to get back into photography (other than crime scene photos). Capturing beauty rather than grief!

2 Likes

That first photo is my fav!

1 Like

Thanks. The exposure turned out to be really interesting. None of these have been edited, all taken on an iPhone 6s Plus.

3 Likes

Awesome pics!

1 Like

Great pictures. Looks cold though. Spent my last snowy winter in 79 and never looked back.

Something to ponder…
Was not that long ago that people trudged through areas like that looking for a place to call home.
Boggled my mind every time I went through the badlands or some mountain area.

Humans can be stubborn when confronted with an unfulfilled goal.

3 Likes

Gorgeous. I’ve only ever been there in summer, but I love snow photos.

1 Like

Me too!!!

Far North - In January

3 Likes

How did you manage to drive all the way to the North Pole???

4 Likes

Nice snow storm but it is hard to make out the Polar Bear with his head pointed the other way :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

It’s that tiny little dot on the lower left.

No, wait, that’s just smut on my screen…

3 Likes

I just now realized smut is etymologically related to the word schmutz. Thank you!

Also, too many definitions for smut, so this one took me an extra moment to properly process :wink:

2 Likes

I used to live in Gunnison. Loved the canyon and that road!

Unfortunately, I have had to explore such places vicariously though even healthy and wealthy (and I am neither) seeing all 200 or so in real life and in their many moods would leave room for not much else.

Then you’ll probably recognize this:

1 Like

now that… that makes me jealous.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.