Going so slow 'in the fast lane'

Glowforge premium uploading and time calculations are going so slowly for the past few days. It is getting frustrating, it seems much slower than it was before I upgraded to premium. I don’t want to cancel my subscription but I would love to be back to previous speeds when sending my design to print. Are servers just backed up? Is there anything I can do on my end to improve this wait time? Thanks

1 Like

When this happens, it is very often a problem with individual users rather than the Glowforge servers. You should clear your cache and reopen the app. Also, using a different browser will probably improve the performance.

9 Likes

It also depends on the complexity of the file. I have a large complicated file that takes almost 5 minutes to load, and every click in the UI takes an extended amount of time to respond.

4 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with your Glowforge @LJoliver.

To help us better understand the trouble, could you tell me a bit more about the trouble you’re having?

For example:

• What area of the website do you get to when you’re having this trouble?
  • What are you trying to do when you run into this trouble?
  • If this is something you’re seeing when working on a design, does it happen with all designs? Could you try with a design from our catalog (the Gift of Good measure should be available by default) and let me know if you have the same experience?
  • Any other detail you’d like to share

There’s also a couple just general housekeeping items I’d like to suggest to see if they help:
  • Disable any anti-virus, ad blocking, or pop up blocking software and try again
  • Try a different browser
  • Clear your browser’s cache and cookies and try again.

Once we have the above information, we’ll follow up with the next best steps.

When designing in GFUI everything seems to be fine but when I send the design to print it is quite slow.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have cleared my Cache and cookies. It is a little faster but still not as fast as it used to be. As far as my browser goes I use the most updated version of chrome, on a 1yo macbook pro? Before I was using a 8year of Macbook air and not the most updated version of anything and it was still faster than it is now. This is what brings me to the community for support to see if others are feeling like even being upgraded to premium this platform is significantly slower than it used to be.

@jeremyh I am specifically talking about the time it is taking once you click print. For example I only had a star from GFUI and clicked print, it took a while in the fast lane to give me my print time and allow me to start my print.

Hi @LJoliver My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge. I’ll be hoping in to see if I can help a little more as well.

Could I also have you run an internet speed test for me?

Google provides one for you if you google " internet speed test". Please send me a screenshot of the upload and download speeds, or just the numbers it reports.

1 Like

Hi Mercedes, Here is a screen shot. Thanks

Hi @LJoliver thank you so much for sending that. It rules out a lot of possible issues.

Can you send me some of the files you notice take a while to load up?

hey Mercedes, sorry for the slow reply, I now have a bigger glowforge problem one of my printer head wheels is warped and cracked. I was looking for a replacement part on the GF website, how do I go about getting new carriage wheels?

Hi @LJoliver let me go ahead and send you an email with information on how to get new wheels!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.