Gold mirrored acrylic from Inventables

Great thanks so much for the info and your quick reply. Good to know.

Genevieve

1 Like

I don’t think mirrored acrylic even comes as cast – or I haven’t found any, anyway. However, the mirrored stuff cuts fine for me (I cut it with the non-mirrored side up).

5 Likes

I buy from Canal Plastics as well but I keep getting burn marks when cutting mirrored acrylic. I’m cutting 1/8" 0.118" 3.0mm thickness Gold Mirrored Acrylic. I’ve tried some of the setting mentioned on this community forum but no luck. I’m also masking the mirrored side before cutting. Any suggestions or settings you could share?

thanks

2 Likes

This might seem obvious, but I’m wondering if you have to mirror of flip the design if you cut on the back of the mirrored acrylic?

1 Like

I’m curious what you use the mirror acrylic for. I love the look of it, just need to come up with project ideas.

Very cool.

So I use 140 speed with 85 power for gold mirror acrylic, cutting it working great!
However, when I try to engrave under those same settings it burns right through my acrylic, rather than engraving. Any advice?

The only difference between cutting and engraving (and even scoring) are the settings, so if you use the same setting for them both, you’ll get the same results. And acrylic is fairly universal as far as settings go, so I would suggest starting with the PG (Proofgrade) engraving setting to see how you like it, and then adjust it from there. I also know there are some older posts about engraving mirror acrylic so it might be worth searching for those as well.