Good News, Bad News

I received the golden email 9 days ago. Then 6 days ago I get the shipment confirmation for my proofgrade materials. That day my employer also gave me orders to work out of state for the next 2 weeks. No big deal I thought, it will take some time for the GF to follow the materials, but today I get the shipment confirmation for the GF and it will be here next Monday… scratch that, they have bumped the schedule up for early delivery this Friday .

Needless to say 'm at a loss :slightly_frowning_face:. This is the only time I’ve been requested to work a weekend this year and my GF is making a fast track to my doorstep.

Next week, is going to be the first time in years that I feel like a kid leading up to Christmas. I know those are my toys under the tree but I just cant touch them until Christmas morning.

23 Likes

I’m happy and sad for you. :wink:

3 Likes

If you’re signed up for UPS My Choice® you can request that it be delivered to a different address instead (an extra fee may be charged), perhaps a trusted friend or family member in the area. You can also have them hold it at the local UPS Customer Center for free, but only for a few days, so that won’t work for you.

You may be able to use UPS Delivery Intercept without being signed up for My Choice but I’m not certain. I’ve only ever done it through My Choice.

2 Likes

Thanks,

I already signed up for My Choice just to keep up with all ups shipping.

My wife is at home with our newborn full time though, so I’m good on the delivery. I just will be taunted for a week knowing it’s there and I’m not. Lol

10 Likes

I wouldn’t trust anything UPS predicts right now. Mine took about a week longer to ship and be available to pickup than it originally said.

1 Like

So what I’m hearing is, my wife will have a whole week with the glowforge without me trying to hog it while I have to work. Does that about sum it up? :wink:

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Well be happy you’re getting one at least. My delivery date has been extended again. A few weeks ago it was sitting at April 4th. I just checked and now it’s at May 3rd. I ordered in October 2015. This is really getting old … no pun intended!

I definitely couldn’t stop her if I wanted to. I’ll just have to let her know to get the cupcakes out of the way first…

Have some faith, I ordered mine 10-21-15, it was scheduled for later this month and now it’s arriving early.

Unless there is some sort of supply problem or there were just a ton sold in the final week, I can’t imagine it would take too much longer to see yours.

IT ARRIVED!

The wife said two guys from UPS carried it in properly and set it down soft and slow. Everything looks in good order. Now I wait…

16 Likes

Nice slippers too!

4 Likes

Congrats to you both on both your “newborns” at home!

Seems like just 3 days ago you were saying goodbye. Oh, wait… it was just 3 days ago. :wink:

Happy lasering!

2 Likes

@cynd11 Haha, told my wife someone on the forums liked her slippers and she thought I was yanking her chain.

@PFI-Guy :grin: Thanks. I never did get around to posting my “glow baby”, iirc the name of the forum posts. It’s been 4 months already… I should get on that. The first thing the new newborn will do is probably make something for the elder newborn :gift_heart:

1 Like

They are nice slippers. Congrats! :smile:

2 Likes

hah, my UPS guy ‘rolled’ it in end over end. I was horrified. Luckily it survived.

4 Likes

I would have had a heart attack. Glad it made it.

I presume from your comment and estimated date that you’re an international delivery. I’m sorry that seeing others happy about getting their units is getting old for you. I hope that Glowforge starts shipping to your country soon.

3 Likes

Oh seeing others happy they are getting theirs isn’t getting old. The constant extension of my own delivery date is what is getting old. Like everyone I assumed the people who ordered first would have those orders filled first. Unfortunately since I am in Canada that isn’t the case. Apparently the company can’t figure out how to ship to Canadians. It’s a head scratcher.

johnse Regular
December 21 |

I presume from your comment and estimated date that you’re an international delivery. I’m sorry that seeing others happy about getting their units is getting old for you. I hope that Glowforge starts shipping to your country soon.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

beerfaced Owner
December 15 |

Well be happy you’re getting one at least. My delivery date has been extended again. A few weeks ago it was sitting at April 4th. I just checked and now it’s at May 3rd. I ordered in October 2015. This is really getting old … no pun intended!
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.