Google Drawings Template

Thanks for the awesome tool for my classroom!!

@jennifer.reiman yes!! @BigBlueMark has a channel, andit is called BigBlueLaserDesigns on youtube. Here is a link to one of his videos

This Is his Glowforge Beginner TipS!

Also @mark.gerl I belive has some, but you would have to ask on here what his channel is. There is a guy named Jason (I believe) at “FrikkinLaserDesigns” Just search youtube for exactly what you are looking for. When I need to find something about glow forge I search google for exactly what I am looking for or youtube…and ALWAYS come up with something!! I HOPE THIS HELPS

2 Likes

Thanks @MANDYpalmer83 and @BigBlueMark I started watching some videos and am trying out the Inkscape course on LinkedIn Premium.

As a new teacher (of 6 different courses) and brand new Glowforge user for one class I’m still struggling to figure out how to take student designs and make them useable for cutting and engraving on the Glowforge. I’m trying to take what they create in various apps on their iPad including Autodesk sketchbook, Notability or hand drawn on paper (I have a picture) and get it to work. Most of the designs are ornaments 3.5 - 4 inch diameter or across. Ideally I’d like to be able to drag and drop their design into a template I have in Inkscape or directly to Glowforge without lots of my time spent editing the images. My Glowforge premium free trial account just expired.

I appreciate all help. I’ve been trying to get this coaster image (4 inch diameter) to work but don’t have the image settings correct to etch the designs and cut out the circle which I mistakenly thought would be straightforward. I have just started using Inkscape and Google draw, I do not have illustrator.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The Glowforge community is very helpful and collaborative which is awesome. Thanks in advance. - Jennifer

coaster2|500x500