Goriila® Pore perfect - Weeding tool

SO I am doing another version of a Peacock print, This time I masked the whole space
to get a more black / white contrast to the cuts / scores and while I was picking at it, I hit upon an idea of “Waxing” the paper off the print… HERE are my results:

I admit there is still some holdouts, and I still feel the need…
THE NEED TO WEED!!!

9 Likes

Bogey coming right at ya!:rofl: Maybe if you use an old credit card or something with a flat edge to run over it before you pull the tape off it might pick up a few more pieces? I myself keep forgetting about using tape and use a little label peeler I got when I worked. Tape would definitely be so much easier!

3 Likes

As always:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Weeding%20trick

Tape and plastic razors are generally the most common weeding tools. Both have their uses.

9 Likes

Thanks @evand2 I looked at the others before I posted, the stick and rip of Gorilla tape seemed to do a pretty decent job, so I shared. Soaking the wood in alcohol also helped dramatically.

Jonathan

2 Likes

Yeah gorilla tape is a tried and true laser forum tool going all the way back to 2017, pretty much from the beginning I guess.

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Weeding%20gorilla

Glad it’s working for you, too. I took a gamble last time and got t-rex tape, I think I prefer the Gorilla. T-rex grabs on hard to everything but the adhesive is kind of soft and stretchy, when you really want it to grab firmly to take the masking up.

It works well enough but I think gorilla has the edge.

6 Likes

My wood shop trash used to be filled with scrap wood, nails I pulled out, all sorts of goodies. Lately it’s been gorilla duct tape and masking!

2 Likes

i use all of those tools (gorilla tape, pick, plastic razor, my thumbnail). the design and material tell me which one works best in each situation. none of them are best for everything.

2 Likes

Bamboo skewers work great in many situations, too. I’ve cut some at an angle to get a little wider area vs. the sharp tip, and works great as it doesn’t scratch acrylic, nor does wood clothes pins, which work for bigger areas nicely.

3 Likes

Its always the right tool for the right job, no matter what the tool is and no matter what the job is!!

Chase Jarvis once said

the best camera is the one that’s with you"

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.