Got my proofgrade box but no tracking email to warn me

Thanks!

1 Like

Same happened to me. I got the materials several days ago but just received notice that my GF got sent out the door today. They’ll let you know—assuming they want to get the trucks filled with Glowforges before they ship and it’s faster/easier to just go ahead and ship the materials ahead of time.

I tried signing-up for the UPS thing but it said it’s not available in my area, so I’m just hoping the tracking date they give me is accurate—definitely don’t want it to show up a day early on me and I’m not here.

2 Likes

these seems to be a pretty common theme about tracking info not being sent out and the only way we find out about something coming is when it shows up at the door, or we have a door tag for missed delivery, or UPS sends us a email

but I have also put in a email to support to let them know I did not receive the PG tracking info from GF

2 Likes

I emailed support and got such a fast positive reply!

2 Likes

Further on the topic of UPS My Choice, if you run a search for ‘Delivery Planner’ on the UPS site you can look ahead beyond the 2-day delivery window and see if anything else is scheduled. In my case, I can see that my GF will arrive Thursday (3-4 days out), though I hadn’t received a tracking number by email to know that otherwise.

4 Likes

I was thinking this experience of mine might be helpful for other folks hoping to use UPS My Choice to know when their Glowforge is about to arrive.

I’d signed up for UPS My Choice some time ago and added my new address when I moved, but some time after that, when I thought about it, I hadn’t got a UPS notification in some time. Hmm…

Turns out, you (sometimes?) have to activate an address before the notifications work. They do that by sending you a code in the snail mail. I must’ve missed the first one. And the activation state is buried in “Manage My Memberships”. To get there, you log in, click your name in the upper right and then preferences and then scroll down.

Weird how they don’t tell you they’re waiting for that every time you log in on a banner or something.

2 Likes

I find that annoying, but can understand from their stand point that if the account is compromised and a new address in added, they need a way to confirm that change (snail-mail takes it out of the electronic aspect).

Yes, understandable and desirable even when you realize that you can use My Choice to redirect packages elsewhere.

But it is another reason you might be surprised that your Glowforge shows up before any notification.

1 Like