Got our glowforge last night. The kids and adults are excited

Lucas quickly drew a birthday cake real quick for a friend and we cut/engraved it out of cardboard. It was exciting to see how quickly he (age 11) junped in on the computer changing settings and understood the software. My number one reason we went with a glowforge was for ease of use because I wanted to get my kids making things. Thanks glowforge.

29 Likes

Yeah, I think a sharp 11 YO will adjust to it quicker than some of our engineers have. I hate that some of the best features are as well hidden as they are but you know them if you hangout here or find them as easter eggs if you don’t.

5 Likes

It’s an amazing product. While you know this, I feel compelled to say that cardboard is a fire risk, so super monitor it.

4 Likes

I love seeing artwork from young designers! Congrats to Lucas! Bet his friend will be wanting to come over for a playdate soon. :grinning:

3 Likes

“Hey guys! Lucas has a laser at his house!” :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hell yeah.
Anything with fire or sparks.
Felt a presence once while grinding sharp edges off some angle iron. When I turned around, half the neighborhood kids were in the shop door doing Ooo’s and Ahhh’s.
Reckon fire beats playing with bugs and chasing critters. (video games already defeated when they were put outside, heh).

7 Likes

Will do. Our rule is the can design without us but we must be in the room when it’s cutting time. Cardboard is cheap and plentiful so it will be used a lot. Definitely will super monitor it.

10 Likes

Looks like you’re going to have some super happy kids lol

2 Likes

Families that :glowforge: seem to be creative across the board! I wish I had this when I was his age.

Of course I wish I had my :glowforge: now :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Looks like your goal was achieved - the kids are making things! I can’t wait to see what else they come up with.

1 Like