Goudy Z

In between testing for settings, I ran off a few slate initial coasters for gifts for in-laws…Goudy Initialen, with a heck of a lot of clean-up work. (It’s a very messy font.)

First pass at slate…I really like it. I need to find something else besides coasters though…how many coasters does a person really need? :slightly_smiling_face:

91 Likes

Love the font! Why did you have to clean it up, aren’t fonts vector? I’ve been trying to find an electronic copy of Pouchee’s typography with no luck so far.

2 Likes

Love the pattern/Z. Can’t remember how much you said you paid for them, but if you’re interested…these are some that I bought. Haven’t used them yet.

10 Likes

Lots of options with Slate. You need new/more customers.

4 Likes

If you zoom in and look closely at how the font is constructed, it’s rather a mess. Lots of chopped off segments instead of smooth flowing curves…

(I’m just picky…probably would be fine without modification.)

18 Likes

Sweet! Might have to grab a few of those…(not much more than I paid for the coasters.) :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks. I can definitely tell where you cleaned it up.

4 Likes

Wow! That came out stunning!

10 Likes

These are gorgeous! Love how the engrave looks on slate.

5 Likes

Wow, the contrast so excellent on those. Fun design, too! :smiley:

3 Likes

Beautiful! I love the look and feel of slate. Have you put mineral oil or anything on them to make them pop or is this natural?

2 Likes

Wow, fastastic! The unengraved portion recedes so deeply they look carved! I really must try the slate.

2 Likes

Beautiful! Slate does really well in the 'forge.

2 Likes

They look great. Did you try the inverse too and like this better?

I’m planning on one set of coasters for a conference room at work and that’s it. That sounds like “famous last words” though.

3 Likes

Lemon Pledge to finish. :wink:

7 Likes

Not yet. This was the first run at slate. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nice! I’ve been trying to do pictures on slate coasters. Not as much success. It looks okay, but not great. I think my issue is the speed I’m going at can’t pick up some of the dithering.

14 Likes

I bought a 40 pack of slate coasters! :grin:

6 Likes

Where from?

http://www.glasscoasterstore.com/slate-coasters-wholesale.html

I was very close to buying 80.

15 Likes