Grandon's Well Wish Board

That is genius! Also a lot of work, but how special!

2 Likes

Actually, if I had to do it again, I would draw the lines with a pencil lightly so that I could erase them prior to scanning. I made the mistake of handing out pens that were the same color as the lines so when I scanned them in, Photoshop and InkScape both picked them up along with the letters so it was painstaking to go through each one and correct them. I did each one, 29 in all, by hand - deleting segments and reconnecting to delete the lines.
InkScape actually recognized the writing very well. I started with Photoshop and then moved to illustrator but found that InkScape Trace Bitmap was the easiest to work with.

1 Like

It really wasn’t that bad. I found a website that allows you to create a font, downloaded their form, imported to Photoshop and then copy and pasted each letter into their form. I didn’t have a complete alphabet so I created some letters by referencing his style with other similar letters. All in all, I’m very happy with how that came out and now they have his handwriting as a font if they ever want to write letters from him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

if you are looking for UV protection, which is what I will be using for one of my “sets” of projects. The folks have it Stonecoatcountertops.com

the ART EPOXY has the UV protection in it.

I am prepping to make two bar tables for my basement pool/ping pong room.

1 Like

I’m concerned about that aspect of this project. Do you know if I can use Art Resin over top of this project to give it UV protection?

you can always call the stone coat folks. I had called them to ask about using it on tables for around my pool. They said sure use the ART RESIN as it has UV blockers.

from what I have read and seen so far on their site/videos, you sand with 220 grit sand paper and poor and you should be good to go. the 220 creates the ability for the mechanical bond.

4th of July weekend I will be working on the tables any my pool table light, which hopefully will include some GF actionable items. :slight_smile:

1 Like