Graphic printing 1/2" off

On the GF app the graphic looks perfect then when it prints it is printing 1/2 above where it shows, any idea how to fix the problem?

Run the camera calibration Launch the Camera Recalibrator
that should help.

2 Likes

Also check that your material height is set correctly. That will focus the camera at the surface of your material so you get a more accurate idea for placement.

You can DIY with a caliper measurement, or use Set Focus and mouse click on the material near where you are lasering to get an auto focus.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks!

I’m so sorry to hear that you ran into trouble!

As @pauline.lally referenced, using the Camera Recalibration can help improve your alignment when printing.

If you’d like, you can use the Camera Recalibrator to see if further improvement is possible. It will only make changes if it can make your camera more accurate; otherwise, it will exit without any changes. It takes about half an hour.

You’ll need a 12” x 20” piece of Proofgrade material with no markings or stickers. The feature was designed to be used with a flat piece of medium Proofgrade Draftboard, used upside-down (with the QR code side down). It may work with other materials that are the same size and use the same print settings as well, like Proofgrade plywood.

It prints a grid of markings, takes a picture, then measures its height in multiple locations. This data is used to make your camera more accurate for future prints.

To get started, click on this link: Launch the Camera Recalibrator

Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.