Graphics for iPad export issue with scale

Hello!

I am having issues with maintaining scale going from a Graphics .svg to the Glowforge app or directly onto the web-based app. I’ve tried playing with the dpi Settings and it has not changed anything for me. I do have the option of using Inkscape on a desktop but really find Graphics to be a more user-friendly program for me. Also it’s really fun to be able to design on the go

Any tips?

Elly

Make sure you don’t have “Responsive” selected on your SVG export.

Not sure if that’s a thing outside of Illustrator.

@egburnett this will probably get pushed to #beyond-the-manual as the support team only provides support on limited issues around outside software

That said - can you post an example of a SVG file that is scaling improperly so we can see how it is structured? Maybe we can provide some advice on settings then if something sticks out.

1 Like

Unfortunately, our team doesn’t have expertise in Graphic.

If you create a file in a vector design software like Inkscape, you can expect the scale to be maintained when you upload it to the Glowforge app.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any issues with a file created in Inkscape or Illustrator, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!