Grayscale/Photoengrave from SVG?

Whew. Thank goodness you can click outside the picture to re-blur it.

5 Likes

That reminds me…

Never wear gloves while using power tools where your hands may get close to the work. A guy at my previous employer had two fingers ripped off his hand by a magnetic base drill press that had snagged his glove while he was clearing chips away from the piece. Of course he shouldnt have used his hand for that in the first place but had he not been wearing heavy work gloves, the bit would have only taken a chunk of skin, not complete fingers. After the ordeal and when he came back to work, the guys in the shop added insult to injury and nicknamed him Jonny Ocho.

11 Likes

Yup, the rule is that if it spins no gloves. The damage will be less.

4 Likes

My son laughs when I claim that we should issue Lawn Darts to every kindergarten class to weed out the dumb ones early. Ha!

7 Likes

16 Likes

Jarts! What a profound miscarriage of justice and violation of natural selection.

3 Likes

I once stabbed myself pretty deeply with an exacto knife. Not fun!

1 Like

Exacto is a brand that makes lots of knives. What do you, specifically, mean by “exacto knife”?
Simple silver handle with a No.11 blade, or something else?

I have found that I prefer Excel, OLFA, NT Cutter, and Yellotools knives over Exacto, and I prefer retractable breakaway blades over fixed blades. Most people keep blades in the knife for far too long after they have gone dull, and the breakaway blades makes it a lot easier to stay on point with that, not to mention that the flatter profile doesn’t roll away from you (or off the table into your foot! eeps!)

9 Likes

No visible blood, that’s a good thing :wink:

2 Likes

Indeed, exacto has a broad product line but yeah most mean one of the smaller ones with a spear point,usually a #11

1 Like

I guess I never realized how many kinds of break off blades they make. Noted, something to add to the workshop once it’s finished

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.