Great substitute material for ear savers and s-hooks

Let us know how that works out! Be careful, though. Even though 0.030" acrylic is thin enough to be flexible, it’s still a brittle material, and can fracture under stress, particularly if there are deep scratches.

1 Like

yes, i’ve made a few samples with the .030 2 color 2 ply from BF plastics and standard layouts would either fold and not work or could snap. i did come up with a style that did kind of work. and i sent a few out in a few different packages and asked for feedback on them (i send 50-100 of the 1/8" and maybe 5-10 of the .020 as a test). but i haven’t heard anything back. my personal tests in my home they were “ok,” but i was worried about durability.

i did that because i’d ordered some samples a while back to play with (since they were $2.50/sheet) and still had some left over.

one of the other offices in my company tried to cut some clips in .030 PET with the scrap areas when they made face shields and said they just snapped as soon as they tried to put one on.

how durable they may be could really depend on the specific acrylic you’re using.

That’s my fear for anything less than 0.060". I’m going to do a sheet of that tonight and test it out. I think it’s got the right balance between stiffness/rigidity and flexibility. I still have another 50 sheets of .177" so I’ll use that too but I’ll pre-curve those before shipping.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.