Great woodcut reference

23 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks! These are beautiful.

2 Likes

Another place to spend WAY too much time.

3 Likes

Even worse since I love Japanese woodcuts almost as much as I love hand painted papyrus art from Egypt.

1 Like

You are sooo welcome :wink:

I’ve already spotted several that will cleanly SVG in Inkscape for engraving on stuff. I don’t know if I should thank you or curse you. LOL.

1 Like

TBH I haven’t explored them. Got a few links? Also is there clear licensing?

Haven’t looked at the licensing, yet. The images tend to be hundreds of years old. No links, but let me paste one here…

That’s after Inkscape, though might be better with slightly less on the threshold.

3 Likes

Yay! Another rabbit hole!

1 Like

It’s not every day that a Japanese woodcut screams Halloween, but this print is so fun! Thanks for sharing. I was hoping to wake up to an excuse to avoid getting back to work…

https://ukiyo-e.org/image/artelino/49185g1

8 Likes

Thank you! Great share!

Great resource. Thank you!

Nice find. I always enjoy pictures of Mt. Fuji. Here is one of my favorites. I bet it would work well on a GF gray scaled, and maybe make Mt Fuji white.

2 Likes

that is almost perfect to just invert, and perhaps play with the clouds and waves a bit but just strait looks good by itself.

6 Likes

Nice… that looks really good! Gonna have to try it out soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was a straight invert and straighten’ done in Irfanview. I am fooling with it a bit in Gimp to clean it up more.

Here it is as a height map -you can make your own STL

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.