Grinding noise during print

Doing a photo engrave tonight, and I notice that when the head is in the upper left, about 4” from the toon edge of the material, I was getting a loud grinding noise like it was binding on something. I see now that it also shifted the image up slightly at this point. I’ve only done a few cuts, and I’m using an in-line fan with the inside fan disabled.

Thanks

Is there any chance that the printhead head bumped the material or that the material is hanging over the edge of the honeycomb tray?

Good possibility that the masking is over the edge if that would explain it. I’ll check it out, thanks!

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag. I’ve extracted the log files from your unit to review your most recent prints, and it appears you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you let me know if you are still experiencing the same trouble?

I let the print finish because it was close to done and the noise stopped. I haven’t had a chance to try a new print yet, I’ll do that tomorrow

Hi there @jonc - just wanted to check in and see how your printing today went!

All good! I used a sheet of mdf with no masking. When I looked at the problem sheet the masking went past the edge of the material, so I think that was the issue

Hey @jonc, I’m glad to hear your print turned out good, and it sounds like you resolved the issue. That’s great!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!