Grinding Noise when Arm Travels along tracks

Update
After posting the original cry for help I got out the que tips and started to go over every piece I could think of. After I finished, although still present, it was much quieter so decided to do a quick test print. 5 minutes in and it seems to be corrected. Hopefully I just dislodged something these old eyes can’t see very well

I’ve had my glowforge for about 5 months and tonight when focusing I noticed the glowforge “grinding”. I’ve removed the crumb tray, used a microfiber cloth to wipe down the tracks and areas around the tracks, used 1/2 can of dust remover to break away any pieces stuck in the grooves that I cannot see and still the noise persists

I can move the arm back and forth without much effort, just loud grinding. The arm remains even, does not appear to jump off track as mentioned in other posts.

I can move the head left to right as expected, no unexpected sounds

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I signed up for my first craft fair in 1 month and need more inventory!

Welcome to the forum!
If you could give us a short video of what you are seeing and hearing it would be very helpful.

1 Like

Hey,
Glad it seems to be ok, but I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the red cable that runs through from right to left had slipped through too far.

If you move the laser tube to the front of your machine and look at the back on the right hand side you’ll see a red cable. If you pull it gently to the right it will correct any slack and should stop any noise and any drag.

I check mine once a week when cleaning my Glowforge just to make sure.

Hope this is helpfull.
Em x

1 Like

Thank you for the tip, I’ll definetly add that to my list

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.