Guess what …

Got my Glowforge today! Woohoo! But, of course, I had to work an 12 hour day, so I just cut a “Gift of Good Measure Keychain” Metric as I’m in Austria and an “H” because I had to try the trace. Since I’m partaking in #36daysoftype that was a surprisingly nice way to do tomorrows letter as you can see below. I also do mockups whenever I do these challenges just to check what I could use it for so I added those too.

43 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations! :grinning:

3 Likes

I really like your “h!” So glad you are finally able to have some fun with your machine, and hope you get some time off to play.

1 Like

Thank you! Unfortunately this week it’ll be a tight squeeze since I have my regular work, a freelancer job and a bookbinding-course (Friday and Saturday) this week. It probably will be Sunday or late at night to do some more. But it is so easy to use I really couldn’t imagine that!

4 Likes

i could see you coming home from day one of bookbinding with something you want to do on the GF friday night to bring back for day two. :wink:

3 Likes

I really like the wall art photo. There is something very soothing about the repeating pattern of the crumb tray as the image background.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Chicken butt! (Being in Austria, you may not get the reference… but(t) it’s funny, trust me.)

2 Likes

That’s true! Probably not only with one thing either :slight_smile:

Okay, I trust you but would prefer to get it.

1 Like

It’s from an OLD Saturday Night Live skit with Macaulay Culkin when he was a kid. He kept asking an adult, “Guess what?” They’d reply “What?” He’d say “Chicken Butt!”

I know it sounds stupid typed out… but(t)… I can’t explain it. My son (10yo) hates it now, because I do it all the time. (since he could talk LOL)

Anyway… sorry, I’m 10 mentally apparently. Sorry for the tangent in your thread. I’ll go now. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, I like that as an art piece on the wall! Congrats on receiving your Glowforge!

1 Like

Oh yeah, and you know what? What? Chicken butt! Now I get it, and you know why? Chicken thigh :rofl:
I also understand why your son hates it :wink:

3 Likes