Guitar Case Spray Painting Templates

Here are the finished cases. I used my Glowforge to cut out card stock spray painting templates to give these guitar cases a NASA themed appearance. These cases will accompany a very special project I’m currently working on. I cut a template for each color of the logo and used an overlay technique to spray the colors in order to get the effect I wanted. I’m very happy with the results. Add template making to the long list of what this machine can do.

IG: @Oak_Creek_Guitars

47 Likes

Yep! Turned out great! :+1:

3 Likes

VERY NICE!
I would have used the nasa font but I’m not doing this so I’ll shut up.

4 Likes

These are fantastic.

3 Likes

If you’re referring to the NASA “worm” logo, it didn’t exist during the Apollo era. It was used from 1975-1992, covering Skylab through the shuttle era. My project focused on the Apollo missions.

8 Likes

Ha ha ha. Apparently not just a design but a real area of interest, though you have given away that you are also a time traveler as you have sited that NASA logo was effective to 2992. Comforting that the world will last at least that long. Seriously though, very nice work!

6 Likes

Ha, good catch. Me and ol’ Doc Brown have time travel down pat. Thanks for checking out the cases!

4 Likes

Okay, I should have ask if you were going for particular years / era. Carry-on.

3 Likes

No worries, I would have asked the same thing. The worm is cool!

2 Likes

I really like how you combined your logo with the meatball logo, that came out really great.

I see Eagle and Aquarius, how many more are you doing?

6 Likes

Thank you! I was very happy with that. Kinda wish that was my logo permanently. I am only doing the two. I’ll post more about the project as soo as it’s been unveiled to the customer, The San Diego Air & Space Museum. Im a huge Space fan and this has been dream build for me. If you think the cases are great, wait until you see what goes in them.

5 Likes

I’m definitely looking forward to the reveal.

I’m a bit of a space fan myself and love to see other people excited by it. :rocket:

8 Likes

FYI, this is astronaut-speak for “I’m an actual rocket scientist,” in case the avatar didn’t clue you in. :wink:

9 Likes

Bit of an understatement… :rofl:

5 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to the reveal!

3 Likes