Guitar Engraving

Some of you saw the Maximo guitar I engraved a while back. And the pick guard (which had some failure points, both in measurement and durability) that I fixed this past week when I reengraved it.

So… we’re up to six done (well, six engraved, 4 complete build done), with 2 in the pipeline.

Start with the original Maximo guitar (new pickguard not installed, but photo included). Will update when I’m able to get Chris the pickguard and get a new picture. This guitar will get lots of pics taken, it’s intended as a promotional prop.

Next up, the Jamison guitar. Built speculatively, a buyer was found quickly. And liked it so much he ordered two more for his whiskey drinking buddies (Jack Daniels ad Woodford Reserve (not completed yet)).

Finally, the Rt 66 speculative build. Cheap sale body, made of Pawlonia (weighs nothing, soft like balsa, won’t do this again).

there are two more already engraved (Woodford and a TNT/High Explosives one that Chris is doing some manual “aging” to). and a Don Julio tequlia and a “greg needs to come up with a cool pattern to use his copper powder with” one.

49 Likes

OMG, that engraved pickguard is incredible!

These look fantastic! One of these days I’m going to work up the nerve to put one of my babies under the beam.

4 Likes

Beautifully done.

4 Likes

Love the Route 66! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Rockin’! The pick guard looks fantastic.

3 Likes

Buy a kit and engrave that one. Less fear of messing up something you already love.

4 Likes

Cool niche to dive into!

3 Likes

Wow, Amazing job :musical_score:

3 Likes

Awesome work!

2 Likes

You have picked a good niche for your work.

2 Likes

Oh I just love that damask -design detail. Well done!

2 Likes

Some awesome work!

1 Like

an update, since we finally connected to give him the pick guard. here’s the installed maximo pick guard on the guitar.

5 Likes

Fantastic finished item.

1 Like

next one in the books completed (two more in the pipeline, one of which i’m engraving this weekend). Les Paul, Jr body.

7 Likes

Iron maiden slippers… nice…

4 Likes

Single bridge pickup guitars rock socks! I love that LPJr.

1 Like

i’d love to tell you those were mine, but those are Chris’s (my guitar building buddy).

2 Likes

One of my friends/colleagues met the guitarist from Led Zeppelin and got a guitar from him. Won a competition (for his playing…)

2 Likes

the non-Jr style of Les Paul.

2 Likes