Guitar switch plates

Having a Glowforge leads to decorative temptation sometimes.
We were decorating the music room for an upcoming jam and decided to make a couple of custom switch plates to replace the boring originals.
Both are made from 6mm acrylic; the electric guitar was made from some matte finish material and the acoustic guitar from gloss finish. The acoustic guitar has quite a bit of detail that is invisible here because I didn’t fill in the scores (yet; may do this in the near future). I engraved a recess in the backs to clear the metal plates of the dimmer and switch; this allows the plates to sit flush with the wall because I used the screws that hold the switches to the boxes instead of the wall plate screw positions.
IMG_5070IMG_5073IMG_5071
Here are the design files:
acoustic_guitarguitar_switchplate!

34 Likes

Rock on! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Very nice!! Not sure I could squeeze any more guitars in this house … unless it was one of these! Thank you for the share!

3 Likes

Thank you for this—they are great! I’m with @ptodd, guitar switch plates are the only thing there’s room for here.

3 Likes

Thank You for the share, real nice.

These are great but just FYI, it looks like the acoustic got messed with by the forum software and I almost missed it due to it coming out so small.

Thanks.

They look great!

I’m thinking I need to make some of these for my husband’s recording studio. Thanks for sharing!