Half of my material cuts... the other doesn’t

It’s a square piece of material and the machine is cutting a round design. So I’m confused with what you’re suggesting.

1 Like

Normally when someone cuts something they will have the tag in the lower right corner or upper left or whatever, out of habit…if there is something wrong with the whole batch of material that you bought, it will likely happen on all the sheets. So if you could switch the tag to being underneath and on the right side, it might show a different pattern with the burning.

That would indicate that the batch of material was bad.

1 Like

Or you can grab a strong flashlight, shine it through a sheet from behind, and look for air pockets or glue plugs inside. They tend to show up.

2 Likes

I used a ryobi flashlight and I could see nothing shining through the plywood.

I feel your pain I just wasted my third sheet of baltic birch from woodpecker. I started with a speed of 137 now I’m down to a speed of 105 still the same issue. And like you I have pinned the wood down, cleaned the crumb tray, the lens etc. but no luck. If, you figure it out please post it.
thanks

Glowforge helped solve my problem. There were two marks on the inside mirror. Once they sent a new mirror, my problem was solved. I also stopped using the passthrough application and just cut my design in half.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, I will check my mirror.

Larry Kaiser